To listen to tapes on the Phillips Tape Recorder:
- Plug the Tape Recorder 3 Pin flat plug into the “Playback via a Radio Set or an Amplifier System” (BOTTOM FRONT HORIZONTAL SOCKET) on the left hand side of the recorder. Red circle toward the back.
- Plug the 3.5 mm Jack plug into the “Line In” socket of the “Soundblaster Card”
- In the “Soundblaster Control Panel” ensure that, in the “Mixer Tab”, that the Line-In volume is adjusted Up and that the Settings (cog wheel) has “listen to this device” checked.
- Select “Classical” in the Equalizer list.
- Best listened to in 2:1 as output is Mono. Adjust Tape Recorder Volume.